Motorcycle Accident Causes & Factors
In 2006 a study was done which was funded by the National Traffic Safety Administration. Some of its findings are as follows:
- Approximately three-fourths of motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, usually a car.
- In most of these accidents with cars, the driver of the car violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident.
- The failure of auto drivers to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the main cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the auto did not see the motorcycle before the collision or saw the motorcycle too late to avoid the collision. (Now we have cell phone use and texting!)
- Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the auto violating the motorcycle right-of-way.(When approaching the intersection, watch those front wheels. Not the driver!)
- Weather is not a factor in 98% of motorcycle accidents.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and accident is likely to happen in a very short time close to the beginning of the trip. (Mine did.)
- Fuel system leaks and spills were present in 62% of the motorcycle accidents in the post crash phase. (If possible, get the heck away from your bike!)
- The motorcycle riders involved in accidents are essentially without training; 92% were self taught or learned from family or friends.
- The typical motorcycle accident allows the motorcyclist just less than 2 seconds to complete all collision avoidance action.
If you have been injured in an accident,?contact us?today!
After a Motorcycle Accident
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Types of Injuries
Traumatic Brain Injury
Spinal Cord Injury
Drunk Driver Accidents
Sport Bike Accidents
Daytona Bike Week
Areas We Serve
Bradenton Motorcycle Accidents
Haines City Motorcycle Accidents
Naples Motorcycle Accidents
North Port Motorcycle Accidents
Plant City Motorcycle Accidents
Port Charlotte Motorcycle Accidents
Punta Gorda Motorcycle Accidents
Venice Motorcycle Accidents
Free Case Evaluation
We Handle Motorcycle Accidents Only!
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us today to learn how we can help.
We Handle Motorcycle Accidents ONLY!
We Are Lawyers Who Actually Ride
Millions of Dollars Recovered on Behalf of Our Clients
AV? Rated By Martindale-Hubbell?
Over 30 years of experience
Highly recommended by past clients
? 2018 All Rights Reserved.